Blacktrace is driven by Productizing Science® – we take great scientific discoveries and transform these into successful products. We specialize in the design, development, manufacture and commercialization of lab to production scale scientific products.
Science and technologies
We are passionate about creating ground-breaking products for science, and offer new, better ways to solve scientific challenges.
- We employ over 100 world-class scientists, engineers, commercial and manufacturing experts
- Cutting-edge facilities for creating, testing, and scientific verification of new technologies
- Advanced technologies, microfabrication, custom glass manufacture
- State-of-the-art manufacturing facilities
- Sophisticated logistics and systems to manage complex supply chains
- Thorough understanding of the markets and customers in chemistry, biology, nanomaterial sciences and microfluidics
- Commercial expertise – experience of developing sales offices and global distribution channels
Advanced technologies for chemistry
Since its formation in 2001, Blacktrace has used its key expertise in microfluidic chemistry to develop truly advanced chemistry products.
- A team of over 15 in-house chemists
- Thorough understanding of chemical applications, markets and microfluidic chemistry
- Development, manufacture and sales of cutting edge lab, pilot and scale-up batch and flow chemistry products for R&D chemists and chemical engineers.
- Example of our latest innovation in 2016: Titan range – continuous flow scale-up
We have thorough understanding of fluidic devices and create innovative world-leading solutions for microfluidic markets.
Fabrication of nano- and micro-structured materials
Our state-of-the-art automated microfluidic continuous flow reactors, batch reactors and droplet microfluidic equipment enables us to synthesize nano- and micro-structured materials with precision control over particle size, shape and architecture.
- Fabrication of precision engineered nanoparticles
- Material characterization via transmission electron microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, fluorescence and optical microscopy, UV-Vis spectroscopy and dynamic light scattering
- High-throughput material discovery (up to 100 samples per day)
- Process optimization (up to 480 samples per day)
- Synthesis scale-up (up to tonne per day in flow chemistry and up to 40 liters of emulsions per day)
In 2013 we built the UK’s largest state-of-the-art glassblowing facility in Sutton, UK. This allows us to manufacture laboratory glassware, highly sophisticated custom made glassware, glass tubing and rods.
- Large team of highly skilled glassblowers
- Sophisticated equipment and processes enable manufacture of quality custom made glassware
- Design assistance, prototypes, small batches and full production up to 1000s of items